I Lost 270 Pounds!

 

20 of that is actual weight lost over the past two weeks. 250 of that is Ric, lost about a month ago.

Yep, two things: I'm on a new diet and I've accepted the fact that Ric is out of my life for good. Two really good things!

I'm not going to get into the Ric thing, I've already documented what happened here, just suffice it to say that the permanence of this go 'round seems more, well, permanent for a myriad of different things. Just chalk it up to a gut feeling and we'll leave it at that.

My diet is very low carb trailing on the border of keto. Keto is SO demanding. Of course rice, pasta, bread...all that is strictly verbotten...I think even looking at a donut qualifies as a violation, but even one banana or apple can do you in too. With the goal right now of keeping carbs below 100 grams a day, I'm definitely feeling and seeing the effects of lower blood sugar and diminished calories. And, well, Daddy likes...

Quality food is pricey though so the other day I thought I'd apply for food stamps. We'll see how that goes since I put on the application my biological make-up as single, child-less, white, non-Hispanic male under 65. I'm not holding my breath.

Saw my ARNP today and told her my plan. She gave me a pat congrats and best wishes. Of course, she must hear this spiel a hundred times a week so...

She gave me a form qualifying me as an extreme risk to Covid so I can get the vaccine now. I just made an appointment request online. We'll see how long this takes. Being in a smaller pop county may be a double edged kinda thing though...less people means less applying for the vaccine but less cases means less of a need when applied to the general population so maybe we get less of the vaccine per capita than the big pop counties? Not sure how that works.

Also, in a total flashback to the eighties and nineties move, I applied today for a job as a group home manager. If I get an interview, it should be fun...

Interviewer: So when were you last a group home manager?

Me: Before you were born, bitch! You weren't even the twinkle in the eye of yo' mamma when I was chattin' up Cooper, sittin' at the kitchen table of Gaskill on Piggy Tuesdays, day-dreamin' he'd go ahead an' try to knock me up with that big ol' hose of his. Now gimmie the job and let me buy keto food 'cause meat be expensive, yo!