A Tale Of Two Chickens



I stepped on the scale today after a considerable hiatus from doing so and found this very ugly number glaring back at me: 331. Oh Hell No!

Shit is swirling outta control, yo! I need to do something now.

Of course, we've been down this road before...countless times. But never with a starting point so far behind. I mean, look at this shit: I got to drop THIRTY ONE FUCKING POUNDS just to get back to 300!!

We know what the root culprit is. Oh yes, there's lack of exercise, general overeating and poor eating choices that are all-in to do me in, but the real bad ass of the bunch is the choices part. What am I eating? Pasta, Pop-Tarts, Muffins, White Bread, Rice, Beans...cheap carbs that can be dry stored or frozen to last in order to make my grocery budget as low as possible. Add Fast Food Chicken Sandwiches, Publix Subs, Fried Chicken, Buffalo Wings, and gallons, yes gallons, of beer, usually heady IPAs chock full of frothy carbs, when I want to splurge. And I want to splurge A LOT!

But one of the simplest and likely most effective things I can do right away is to make the BETTER CHOICE when selecting foods and eliminate all those BAD carb-laden options and chose lower carb options. The pic above is a great example. Swap out the breaded and fried chicken parmesan with pasta for the same chicken breast grilled, or pan-fried without breading, coupled with a tasty, olive oil smothered salad. I look at the comparison in the picture and, of course, both look freakin' delicious (especially the parm) but one option is sustainable, the other is not. When it comes down to it, with my body in my condition, I've got to look at sustainability. If I keep choosing Option B, I keep making the vessel called my body more defective and that simply won't last.

Best of times, worst of times...it doesn't matter. We know what we have to do. Now is the time, best or worst, to do it!