I've Been Served!

 

So it begins. I'll keep the details on the DL for now but suffice it to say it was a strong possibility this would happen...at least once, but now likely several more times.

I've been to this rodeo before though, boys, so I think I know how I'll handle it. But gotta say, dammed if it's a shitload harder when you're not young and cocky anymore.

Date on the capture above is when it was processed, I guess, but the knock on my door was just an hour ago. Pleasant enough looking young lady but did she have to verbally instruct me to be sure to respond in writing within twenty days and then tell me who's filed this, all loud enough for my neighbors to hear? Then she has the gall to say "Good luck with that." with a look of pity on her face. 

Pity the middle-aged fat man in the dusty pea-soup-colored trailer.

Pity his hangover achy squint in the mid-day sunshine, he doesn't get out much.

Pity him and his fridge full of dishes since his kitchen sink pipes came loose again.

Pity this unemployed bum getting sued for thousands of dollars, oh, boo-hoo.

Welp, I think I'll head on over to ABC for another 12-pack.