Six Or Eight Thousand Years Ago



In my last post I harked on about this coin shortage we're currently experiencing and wondered to myself: "What next?" This year has had its fair share of doom and disaster already.

So here's what's next: Whizzing past the Earth right now is a comet that hasn't traversed this planet's orbit since about six thousand years ago. That's just before, what's arguably the first civilization, Mesopotamia, formed. In ancient times like this, comets were regarded as signs of evil, harbingers of death and doom. 

Perhaps as this comet blazed in the ancient Middle Eastern sky, a civilization pre-dating Mesopotamia was cursed with a devastating plague, rioting, economic collapse and an incompetent buffoon of a ruler. Perhaps this lost culture was utterly destroyed making way for the Mesopotamian's rise.

Here's another coinky-dinky: Before I learned about this comet in the sky and its long-ass orbit last placing it near here in a time which pre-Mesopotamians may have gazed in horror at it as they were forming a proto-civilization..."laying down the law," I put on this t-shirt shown in the pic below. It's my retro remake concert shirt in the style of the one I had in 1982 during the B-52's Mesopotamia Tour.

Cue the weird theremin music.


Screw the theremin music...Let's hear some REALLY weird music: