Orlando Cribs



I've lived in Florida for the past 23 years (minus a few months during Koyo) and until last year, it's all been in the Orlando Metro area. I love my new home but the town is small and if you're not satisfied with the goods and services on offer here, you have to drive a bit away to be so. Orlando on the other had, has it all. But of course that all comes with traffic, crime and a higher cost of living.

And those three factors contributed greatly to the fact, as you can see below, I've had to jump around so much through the years. Traffic was an issue if you, as in my case during these years, either have a shitty car or have lost your driver's license and depend on public transit. The crime of being paycheck-to-paycheck is real here and breaking leases due to depression and unemployment is also a thing. And the cost of living forces a poor person into sketchy roommate situations and ghetto neighborhoods. I'm probably headed for more rough patches ahead but I'll ride those out in my small town setting from now on, thanks. You can have the city life.

Here's a little map of the places I've lived around Orlando:


1.   Lakeside South Apartments, Orlando. 1997
2.   Northlake Blvd.(w/3 roommates), Altamonte Springs. 1997-1998
3.   Spinnaker Dr.(w/4 roommates), Orlando. 1998
4.   Rosewood Apartments (w/roommate Ric), Lee Rd., Orlando. 1998-2000
5.   Park Central, Orlando. 2000-2002
6.   Reflections, Casselberry. 2002
7.   Reflections (staying w/Ric), Casselberry. 2003
8.   Cypress Springs, Fern Park. 2004
9.   Sun Lake Apartments (staying w/Ric), Lake Mary. 2005
10. Hidden Village Condos (w/roommate Ric), Lake Mary. 2005-2007
11. S. High St., Lake Mary. 2007-2011
12. Bellagio Apartments, Orlando. 2011-2014
13. Reserve at Lake Irene, Casselberry. 2014-2019