It's All Greek To Me



I've been devoting all day sessions of gameplay to my newest game, Assassins Creed: Odyssey. It's the best I've played yet in this long running series. I have AC3 and AC: Unity and though the graphics were, as in this one, stunning, I never went far in either of those due to boredom with the plot lines, tedious combat mechanics and the vast amount of time the game requires you to put into it to advance the story. In fact, in Assassins Creed 3, I never made it to the title screen (which appears after you complete the initial chapter) even though I played about 12 hours.

Odyssey feels much more like a good RPG, say like Fallout (except "76") and the Elder Scrolls games. God knows the number of hours I've spent on them collectively? 

This new game isn't exactly "new." It's been out about two years or so, but I picked it up due to a sale on Steam for less than $20 and thought I'd give this series another shot. The YouTube videos on it looked promising. Well the game hasn't disappointed me yet. It feels like I'm on a long and fascinating journey through the various exiting lands and seas of ancient Greece. Beats real life stuck inside a tiny mobile home in a boring little town in Florida. And the character I'm playing, Alexios, is damn hot AF. Here's a close-up of his handsome mug:


So my hours slashing through hordes of villains is basically one reason I haven't posted in a bit and another reason for a slow down, if any, of future posts might be because this freakin' Blogger editor has changed yet again and I'm finding it very different. I'm not used to change and I don't really like it when it concerns my precious blog. But that's Google for ya. I'll eventually get the hang of the new interface but for now it's all Greek to me. Get it! Ha! I'll see myself out...