CIV HISTORIES: England


I'd done logs like this before but nothing so grand. I think I'll get into doing more since it makes sitting on my ass playing computer games seem so productive.

Basically, this is a timeline of my progress through noteworthy events in a single-player game of Civ 5. It can be done for Civ 6 as well, just lately I'm playing more of 5 as so many things irritate me about 6. Besides, at 4,574 hours of play on this game, I think I'm sorta an expert. Well, actually, if you read through the log below, maybe I'm not so good after all.

This is a game playing as Elizabeth I of England on a huge Terra map at King difficulty. I selected each of the opponents in advanced game creation as other European powers, namely: Spain, Poland, Netherlands, Sweden, Portugal, Germany, France, Russia, Denmark, Venice, and Austria.

I spawned in the central eastern half of a large continent which, as a Terra map, means all the other powers are on this continent as well with a whole other continent somewhere across the sea with no one but barbarians.

Met Venice and Denmark early on and it didn't go well for them. After grabbing their shit and being lucky enough to have "breathing room" between me and others, it was looking pretty sweet. Well, as you'll see below, after Denmark was eliminated, I pretty much became everyone's bitch. Pangea and Terra maps, always the same. The AIs gang up on the human just because I was a teensy bit of a warmonger. Sheesh!