The Magic Ends



For this annual pass anyway.


On my way home from Port Canaveral after my Norwegian Sun cruise, I decided to use my Disney pass one last time this year as it expires next Wednesday and I doubt I'll be making the drive up to the Orlando area again until I meet up with Ric for our trip to his family's in Indiana for Thanksgiving. (Watch for the TRAVELOGUE on that adventure, I'm sure, coming in early December.)

The Disney app seems to allow you only ONE Fast Pass per day now. Even though I planned this a couple weeks ago, I couldn't find anything really good available at the Magic Kingdom which is where I wanted to go. Silly me, I realized why once I got here, it was Halloween and tonight is the Halloween "Not So Scary" party so the park closes early and a lot of the guests, dressed in costume (usually a no-no for adults) were planning on attending later. It wasn't super packed though and I did get on Ariel's Under the Sea and used my Winnie the Poo Fast Pass so it wasn't a total loss. But it still means another year of no Mine Train. Theme parks can be weird. Walk right on the brand new Millennium Falcon ride at Galaxy's Edge but wait for a decade to ride a kiddie coaster due to exorbitant wait times. Today's wait was only 55 minutes but that's still too long for me. Maybe in my younger years but I'm too old and fat now.

Here's some of the lovely sights around the park with a smattering of Halloween decor.