TRAVELOGUE: Shortened Nassau Cruise: Day 2


Thursday, September 5, 2019
At Sea

Outfit: Khaki cargo shorts, Black "Costa Maya" T-shirt


Felt like pancakes for breakfast, but the pre-made ones at the WJ tasted like rice cakes. Ooh, not good.

Very few activities I cared for on this Sea Day. Read my Kindle novel "Doctor Sleep" by Stephen King for a couple hours on sunny Deck 7, then up to the Compass Deli for lunch, but nothing looked good there (except one coconut ranger cookie I snagged) so I had a couple slices at Sorrentos and another round of pork schnitzel and mashed down in WJ.

In Boleros they had a karaoke entirely dominated by a family of four singers. Not 'cause they were hoggin' the mic, just no-one else came up to sing. Remember, this is practically a ghost ship. Oh, one other person did sing...a security team crewmember. Well, why not. With so few passengers (this ship is designed to accommodate 2,800) their tasks must be overlapping to the point of some of them probably got the day off.

Almost as empty as this but not quite!
Later in The Schooner Bar they had live piano music trivia featuring Broadway musical songs and classic movie themes. Some were fairly easy but since they were all REALLY classic, like from the 40s, 50s, 60s...not the 70s or 80s like I was expecting, so it was a lot harder than I though it would be. There was a good turn-out for this. I guess I came in second and won a RC pen, RC keychain and RC clamp-thingy...a gay couple with a service English bulldog came in first. (BTW, the guy with the dog didn't seem handicapped or anything...they may have just played the system to be able to bring precious Zeus with them.) Yes I eavesdropped and heard what their dog's name was, okay?


I was sloshing back drink after drink of the daily special "Captain's Call" a slight twist on a Tom Collins between my two fav bars, Schooner Bar and Boleros. In total, eight drinks. Add a couple glasses of my "house" Chianti and it's no wonder I passed out in my bed fully dressed and missing dinner and the evening entertainment, a tribute artist singing Lionel Richie.