TRAVELOGUE: Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Mexico Cruise: Day 2


Tuesday, September 17, 2019

At Sea (Off the northeast coast of Cuba)

The northern coast of Cuba right there. Well, I could see it faintly with my eyes.

Chillaxed a majority of the day enjoying my balcony with an awesome view and my air conditioned cabin. Watched a little CNN, read a bit of my Kindle book "Doctor Sleep" and took a nap. Went up to breakfast at the buffet and later had a make-it-yourself burger from the grill for lunch. Explored the ship a bit in the evening, had a slice of pizza, then down to The White Lion Pub, had a Lagunitas IPA draft, then headed to Duomo Bar, had a Heine draft, listed a little to the Latin band then up to Deck 6 in the Business Center for a showing of "First Man" starring Ryan Gosling. Really good movie! Had to skip the theater show tonight in order to watch the movie but I caught the end of it after the movie was done. A French Follies featuring Can Can Dancers. I could tell the French in the audience really got into it. I don't think I missed much.

I went back to Il Duomo Bar and caught the MSC version of the Newlywed Challenge, Nicely done. Then the karaoke followed with a live band as musical accompaniment for the daring singers. Pretty much each one was really good. The selection of volunteers and the announcement by the MC of their nationalities confirms again that this cruise is made up of a majority foreign passengers. Watching them tonight I noticed they're a quirky bunch. High-water pants, slicked back hair and ample squirts of pungent cologne are still he standard for your Euro Trash and South American men. The ladies, well, I wasn't paying them much mind. They were mere shadows of their men anyway.