TRAVELOGUE: Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Mexico Cruise: Day 6


Saturday, September 21, 2019

Costa Maya, Mexico

First of two buckets. OLE!

Another day of awesome weather. Still hot but I seem to be getting better at dealing with it each day.

Our companion from yesterday, the Breakaway, apparently did not have a similar itinerary since we were the only ship in Costa Maya.

Of course I went back to my fav place, Cantina Latina and this time, I remembered to document my visit. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the magic of Lucha Libre:



No shirtless twelve-year-olds this time but whatcha gonna do.


Started off with a Yard glass of frozen margarita but when I found out about their bucket of 7 beers for $35, I was sold. Two please. Yup. In the course of a couple hours I drank 14 beers. Tried to buy the cute little wrestling ring condiment holder on the table. They wanted $50, stood at $40 and at first they were okay but then the manager came over and said they couldn't sell. Not sure what that was about but whatever. I probably would have kicked myself later if I had. My guess is they thought about it and if I went around saying I bought it for $40 they'd have a lot of others asking to buy them. They had little Lucha Libre figurines glued to some of them and some had none. I bet people just snap off the figurines and steal them so they got that issue. All in all, spent $100 cash that lunchtime and didn't order any food.


Obviously, the rest of the day is a bit cloudy. I remember finding myself in the theater in time for the show but didn't know how I got into a different outfit. The show was another song and dance medley, this time of Broadway tunes. It was okay, except I got the impression they weren't invested in it heart and soul like they were with the Italian shit. I sense a slight disdain for American culture.

I remember glancing at my watch as I made my way to my room with Cruz, my cabin steward waving to me, and it was about 8:15 so I'm not sure if I ate either lunch or dinner. If I did, I sure don't remember it.