Back To Animal Kingdom


I haven't looked up the last time I'd been to Animal Kingdom, but it seems like it's been forever. I know it was well before Pandora and I think I saw the Lion King show at Camp Minnie Mickey so it was before they'd even started on it.
Well I returned today after who knows how long...maybe ten years...and it seemed so new and different. The Africa section seemed to have been expanded a lot, I see a new bar in Asia, Dinoland USA has been beefed up with more Disney quality themeing and even the "It's Tough to be a Bug" show has had some improvements. It felt like a whole new park.

Now granted, Animal Kingdom is probably the least visited of the Disney parks I've been to over the decades. Maybe less than 20 times there (compare to Epcot at, I'm sure, over 50) but it is a beautiful park nevertheless.

Today I had a Fast Pass for the Kilimanjaro Safari Ride...a lot of animals were out and about. Our tour guide/driver was absolutely perfect. She was easily understood, spoke clearly, was very enthusiastic and knowledgeable and no doubt loves her job. Kudos to her! Here are some cool pics:







My next Fast Pass was for Everest but not until 3:30 so I watched the "It's Tough to be a Bug" show, walked over to Pandora Land and snapped these pics:



Ate in Pandora at the quick service hall and had this:


Very nice. Spicy, cool, savory and even a bit sweet. My shrimp noodle build had a pickled cabbage topping with a dollop of herb vinaigrette and a few blobby things that tasted like raspberry. Pandoran food, and the green Pandoran grog is great!

Rode Expedition Everest coaster around 3:45 and later while sitting down for one of my many rests (yes it was an exhausting day) saw a bunch of kids going apeshit over this colorful bird character Kevin. Who the fuck is Kevin?