Triple S Ranch


Howdy Partner! Welcome to the Triple S Ranch. It's short for my new home's full name, Shamrock Shake Shack. I named it such since it's green and I thought of naming it yesterday which was St. Patrick's Day.


No, calling it a "ranch" doesn't imply it's out west. As I've said, it's here in Florida...just well south of Orlando where there are in fact, ranches. And orange groves. Lots of orange groves. When the orange blossoms fully bloom, said to be in just a few weeks, it'll be perfuming the air with such sweet fragrance.


Here you can see in this satellite shot "Shammy" is snuggled in the midst of her fine, quiet, respectful and non-nosey neighbors (at least they better be) with her whole 6 inches of yard space! Substitute cattle for fire ants and man, that's Big Country land right there!


I'm not actually there yet though. The previous "owners" are still there with all their crap stuff. As agreed verbally, they should be fully out by month's end. We'll see. While not sleazily scammy, they are a bit slippery.

The reason I put "owners" in quotes is because they never bothered to transfer the title from the folks they bought it from into their name due to "unexpected financial issues" at the time, which they said was about a year ago. Luckily, the fine lady at the county tax office didn't ask too many questions and I was able to put the title in my name, paying my tax on the sale and registration for the year. Since they didn't do this last year, they never paid sales tax or registration.


That, kiddies, is the real reason the front window in the picture above has the awning closed over it. You're supposed to have your tax/registration sticker displayed in that window. Oh what other corners will I find they've cut once I get in? Well just have to wait and see.