Misty, Chilly Daytona...And, We're Back!



Drove up to Daytona to hook up with Ric who was staying at the Garden Hilton for the weekend for his birthday/Super Bowl party. This year it was just us two.



He was super hungover Sunday afternoon when I got there so we didn't set out for our festivities until near 5 pm. He was kinda distracted the whole night, I think he was a bit bummed out by
a.) the cold (60 degree) weather
b.) the fact I was the only friend to show up and
c.) the teams in the game being the LA Rams which he didn't follow through the season much and his hated Patriots.

The fact the Patriots won (which delighted me) didn't make him more lively either. Add to it all that he really wasn't much into repeating the blow-out drinking he did the night before and his new weight gain (he says he's in the 240's and man, I admit he looks almost as big as me!).

We both drank lightly but nevertheless I racked up just over a $100 in food and drink since I bought his rounds for his b-day.

Also want to mention that I decided to put this blog back online after I carefully redacted sensitive information in some of the posts over the past couple of months where I may have shared too much. Oh, I trust you, dear reader, but the bots that, like electronic blood hounds, may be released to hunt me down...not so much.