What's Changed In Ten Years?


Exactly ten years ago tonight I made this little video while ringing in the New Year alone in my little one-room house. Not much has changed over the years.



I'm ringing in this year with a hangover since I drank my weekend's fix last night, slept all day and got up about 8pm. I tuned into CNN's New Year's Eve show still featuring AC but no Kathy Griffin, just Andy Cohen instead and though the two have a certain "gay bro" comfortability they don't have the comedic spark between them like Anderson and Kathy in the old days.

In this video I'm unemployed and though I think I had taken the Embarq offer, I wasn't sure how it would work out. Well we all know how it turned out now of course. And the many abrupt failures of the subsequent jobs in those two years on would give opportunity to coin the phrase "embarq" from the memories of the way this endeavor went down.

This time around, looking down into that same abyss, at the "event horizon" as I stated in this video from another time, another decade, I'm really not looking forward to playing the games I played, trudging through the shit I had to endure.

Not much has changed indeed. I look pretty much the same, I drink the same and I loner the same. Not really sure how it'll change in the new year, but I'm thinking that change is soon. For the better or the worse? Well we see, won't we?