Where I've Been


So yesterday's zip trip to Ohio made me think of all the places I've visited in the US. Here's a little map highlighting (in blue) the states I've been to with the last year I visited.


Now for some states it was a true multi-day destination vacation or business trip for one time (or more as in Cali)...California, Arizona, Nevada and West Virginia come to mind. Others are just travel through with at least gas or food stop having my feet on the ground if even for just a few minutes...Mississippi, Alabama, Maryland, and Delaware.

Washington DC is in this bunch too and it's the only one I've only trained in/walked in. Each time I visited I took a train into DC proper and, having never taken a cab or ride share when there, it's the only one I've never been in a car in.

Several are both destination and travel thrus, namely all the New England states, for example. Of course there's three I've actually lived in: Rhode Island, Louisiana and Florida and two that are debatable in so far as the "visit" was just a layover at an airport there (Texas and Illinois).