Another Nastralia Map


With so much time on my hands, I could probably re-do all the maps I ever made in my youth. Hmmm. Well, even if it ends here, this is the quintessential precursor of them all.


In the summer of 1975, I spent most days exploring the nearby wooded valley just to the east of our new Pearl Street home. In the evenings, I'd spend just as many hours drawing maps of what I'd found. Though the idea of the area being a large peninsula surrounded by a great sea came a couple years later (requiring a slew of redrawn maps) the original wooded valley was (well, still is pretty much) laid out as represented below. Of course, the towns and landmarks are all part of the fantasy land, but the river (really a brook) and the large lake (really a pond, which would only have water some of the time), the mountains (yeah, just hills no higher than maybe fifty feet from the base of the valley) are all real. Even the fact that of all the deciduous trees there was only one Lone Pine tree. I included it on this map but forgot to label it...it's in the midst of the forest by the river southeast of Ovielo.

Back in the day, this was all there was of Nastralia. The rather extensive history I wrote in the eighties and nineties explains that though this area was the original land of Nastralia, it became Norglobe (now Nourglob) once we took over the world and named the planet Nastralia.