All That Glisters Is Not Gold


How true. It can also be silver.


So if you check it out on YouTube, there's a huge community of people who are "stackers." They hoard stacks of gold and silver for various reasons, but all like to show it off to the world via their YouTube videos. Many of them "stack" as a hobby, some for buy low/sell high investment options but the majority are in the same vein as preppers... they're getting ready for the day the proverbial shit hits the fan.

Of course my current status means that the SHTF when I hit the road, one way or another. If I were to say, buy as much gold and silver with my considerable credit worthiness and then go "off grid" well...

But that's shit for a later day. Right now I'm in the look-see phase regarding THAT and in that mindset I thought I'd get a bit o' metal myself to see what this is all about.

I checked out one of the top bullion online dealers that look legit and had good reviews and they definitely have a lot of options to buy gold coin and bars. They seem well priced too. As advised by the YouTubers, you probably want to steer clear of the super low-baller prices because what you get my not actually be real. And there are those dealers that price sky-high too, shootin' for the numismatic purchasers.

They had a special promo offering a "beginner's deal" of 10 1oz. .999 silver rounds in a Buffalo Nickel design (American Indian head on the front and a buffalo on the back). They were said to be priced at "spot" (the commodity market price) but in fact they did have a small premium...and an added charge for credit cards...but overall they were way less that 10oz. of silver either elsewhere on their site or competitors.

So for $169.06 which includes all fees and taxes I have ten of these babies: