SpaceX Rocket Launch


So, as a follow up to the previous post, I came to the KSC for a reason other than visiting again after 10 years...the launch!

But first, I have a few more pics from the KSC Visitors Center. I was really impressed. Admission was about the same as it was 10 years ago, I believe, ($50) and now there's a REAL space shuttle on display (not that janky fake shuttle thing they had before). Oh, and I guess they haven't got the memo from the Orlando theme parks...the food and beers are, in comparison, cheap! Prices you'd find at a local restaurant! Now that's unheard of!

These are some of the vertical pics I took. Note the last one...its a recovered fragment of the Space Shuttle Challenger. They had a solemn gallery featuring personal memorabilia from the shuttle astronauts from Challenger and Columbia. I got a bit misty at this, I must say.

And the final addition below...the video of the launch as I saw it, up front and personal. Take note of the rumble as it rolls over us. I haven't done so yet but I bet this is awesome with headphones on!