FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS!!!



For a day, until yesterday happened.

Way back in 2006 I wrote this post proudly claiming that I was finally a Thousandaire, the first time I had over a thousand dollars in assets since before Koyo.

Well yesterday around this same time, that is, in the wee hours of the morning while I'm at work, I noticed that Mint tallied my total net assets (after accounting for debt) as just over $50,000. But then the business day happened. I bought some groceries on my way home from work and that $40 or so was added to my $980 "debt" (which is paid off monthly as my regular day-to-day living expenses are placed on my two most used credit cards). Oh, and the stock market nose-dived so my 403b lost about $700 in one day.

So now I'm only a $49,317.62 -aire.

No problem. I know it'll be back soon enough. The big questions is "When, if ever, will I be a $100,000-aire?