Steaming Pile Of Cash





I thought I'd take a peek at an accounting of all the games and software I've ever purchased from Steam...and how much that all cost, over the years.

Here's a few screenshots of my purchase history:


Total: $1,855.79

There's also all the games I bought on the other online vendors and portals:

Origin (the EA portal), UPlay (Ubisoft), G.O.G. and a few others I've used in the past. Gotta be at least a couple hundred through them.

And finally, it the Way Wayback Time, long ago, when we were cavemen, actually going to a real-life, brick and mortar store to buy games on physical media! Whaaaaat?

I remember in the mid-aughts when digital game delivery started to become a bigger and bigger thing, I was a little hesitant at first.

"What if your internet is down?" or "If my hard drive crashed and I need to install my games again, how horrible it'd be to have to wait so long while I downloaded it." Yes, back then, when people like me still had dial-up modems, it was far faster to load data from a CD or DVD-ROM than download it from the internet. How times have changed. With me now spoiled by my 100 mbps broadband download speed, I gawked in amazement at the now-seemingly eternity it took for me to install some older games via DVD a few weeks ago.

People say golf is an expensive "rich man's" hobby.

They aught to try computer gaming!