Halloween Horror Nights...LAS VEGAS!

So I planned to post this morning about my return last night, after five years absence, to this year's Halloween Horror Nights 27 at Universal Resort Orlando.

But shit went down before I could post...

Verified by my browser history, I opened this Blogger page right around 1:17 am...according to the latest news, that's, unbeknownst to me and the world yet, just about the time the shit all went down in Vegas at just after 10 pm their time.

I did a little putzing around the web before starting my post though and before I knew it it was 3:38 am and when I clicked on CNN, the headline read "Two Dead in Las Vegas Shooting."

I quickly clicked over to the Twitter page of Trooper97, who I follow on YouTube, and since he's a Vegas resident, he had a lot of re-tweets about the still ongoing event.

It was like the wee hours of the morning during the Orlando shooting all over again. Because of my schedule, I was able to watch as the story was leaked out to the world. Like I always say...the real shit goes down in the middle of the night.

As of this writing at nearly 6 am, there are reports now of over 20 dead and over 100 injured. Lone gunman from the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay with a fully automatic weapon.

Makes me somehow feel better about being older and unhealthy. This world is undoubtedly fucked. I just hope I'll die a few years from now peacefully of my ailments while floating in a painless cloud of morphine in the hospital. Hopefully before the painful process of the end-of-the-world really heats up.

Hope springs eternal.