The Rico Koyo Era Begins

Breaking News:

Ric just messaged me that the fellow weekend bike warrior that promised him a management job just left the company he was working for and took a better position elsewhere.

So what's this mean for Ric?

He's likely screwed.

Without the advocacy of this guy, Wilmer, being his mentor, Ric only has his own merits to bargain with. Though he does have some management experience from decades ago, it's not in the hospitality industry. In fact, I'm pretty sure of all the many jobs Ric's had over the years, he never mentioned working even as a waiter in a restaurant, so I don't think he ever has. How could that hold up to other more qualified applicants?

Ric said that Wilmer is pulling for Ric to be his replacement. Um, as a COO of a multi-million dollar company? Wilmer has a freakin' MBA, how would Ric be able to take that job?

I haven't yet talked to Ric directly about all this but he did preface the text saying "Life sux even more now." so I think he must realize that he's being fucked with. I warned him a couple weeks ago when we went to see Rogue One together that I researched this Wilmer guy on social media and I thought there might be some concern about him. Wilmer had been posting on Facebook and other sites that he was in the works for a big move. I guess this was it. Why this guy lead (and presumably is still leading) Ric on is beyond me. How could he be such a douche? Unless Ric totally misunderstood him or is outright lying about all this. I don't really believe those two options though.

Poor Ric.

I hate to withdraw even more than I have from him over the years but let's face it, he's heading for a total collapse I believe. He's burning through his 401K remains, now down to some $20K according to him. I'm pretty sure his standard budget, not accounting for the costs of this DUI defense now, total more than a couple grand a month in expenses.

With no ability to drive, he's right back where he was in 2004 when he got his license suspended during the 3rd DUI drama. Yet then he had his AIG job and he moved from Casselberry to Lake Mary just so he could be closer to it. Amazingly, despite the punches dealt to him, he really pulled out of it quickly. Cognitively restructuring his lost driving privilege into a fanatical zeal for biking and getting his finances together enough to buy a condo he was determined to not be beat.

Once he got his conviction and part of the sentence was a year's probation after a 30-day rehab stay I watched in awe as he complied with his mandated alcohol abstinence with apparent ease. The year he was a pod person.

So this time 'round, I think he'll either have to totally transform himself as he did then or face real hardship. I just can't see how he'd be able to do it right now as all the shit is hitting the fan, but maybe, just maybe he has enough resiliency and drive to bounce back yet again.

Maybe.