SeaWorld Not On A Dime

Almost seven years ago exact to the day I posted about an impromptu little trip I took to SeaWorld and remarked how I was able to enjoy the day at the park on the cheap since I'd already had the Fun Pass and walked to the park from a nearby hotel saving parking fees.

Well yesterday I finally got together with Ric after a long hiatus and he suggested we take advantage of a special where the Fun Pass would be good through to March of 2018 for $99. I thought about it for only a second and realized it was a good deal and since I really have been a bad friend in neglecting him for months on end I bought his pass as a Christmas gift. So although it was my choice entirely, the SeaWorld visit was hardley "on a dime."

But that's not the end of the expenses, of course. Parking was $20 and so it will be through the next year since the Fun Pass doesn't cover that. We ate at the buffet place that's been good in the past but yesterday pretty much had one selection, poorly made fajitas which were really just minced meat saturated with chili powder and cumin served with tortillas. More like tacos really. And pretty sucky ones at that. How much? $16.99 for the least expensive option of chicken. As we later walked through the park, it looked like there were far better options for dining throughout other areas of the park. Damn. Oh, and the beers. And this was anywhere in the park...$7.99 for a 16oz. aluminum bottle of domestic. Fuck!

But costs aside, we did have fun. He especially. Since it was pretty dead, he got to ride 4 times on the new Mako coaster, twice on Kraken and once on Manta. I on the other hand am too fat for any of them. Oh man this has to change. The new Mako especially looks really fun. I just have to ask myself throughout the next year...Do I want to drink beer and eat fattening foods and sit on my ass all day or do I want to ride Mako?

Well here's the obligatory pics.