PLANET COASTER: CityWalk


As you can see in the shot above, I've started out on a very ambitious build. So far I've got some of the very beginning of the main drag of Universal Orlando's CityWalk. But the build won't end with just CityWalk...I've allocated space for the whole shebang...CityWalk, Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios!

Now, let me say this though, I'm not gonna sweat out every painstaking detail to scale and to super-realistic standards. I'd go nuts with the barrage of obstacles and the immense amount of time and patience that'd require. Instead, as you can probably already tell from the screenshot above, I'm gonna add things organically and with a heavy dose of artistic licence and imagination. It'll end up being a pastiche or homage of the real park, not a true-to-life perfect rendition.

But I do want some things to be echos of their real life counterparts, in name and similarity if nothing else. Like above where I have the AMC Universal Cineplex with a hint of those circular constructs. Also already built, Bubba Gump's, Pat O'Brien's and Pastamore. Yeah I found out in doing research last night that actually Pastamore isn't there anymore, its building has been rebuilt and three new restaurants are there now. Ah well, shows I haven't been there in a few years.

Watch for more from this ambitious undertaking as the no-doubt months that it'll take me go by.