The President In Greece

So staying away from news media for the past couple of days has helped soften the internal blow to my psyche due to the election results.

But I happened to just a moment ago notice that President Obama was speaking while away in Greece and it was being streamed live.

So I'm typing this and listening to his careful yet natural-brilliant delivery and flipping over every minute or two to see him delivering his speech while looking out among the people gathered and just freakin' oozing class and dignity.

And I'm crying.

In the near future, our newly-elected, yet no-where-near-as-good replacement, may well be before the same audience in Athens saying shit like this...

"Thank you! Thank you people of Greece!"

"I want you to know I love Greece! I love having lunch at the gyro place around my Trump Tower home. It's terrific! Really, really terrific!"

"I loved the musical named after your country with John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John. Ahh, but I joke. What do I know?!"

"I do have a bit of an issue though, speaking from my experience in real estate development; you really got to do something about this here Parthenon. I mean it's pretty run down. You might want to add a little gold leaf to it or something. Gold leaf cures everything. Or just tear it down, saving nothing, like I did with the historic Bonwit-Teller building in Manhattan. Just a thought."

"Oh and I want to thank the Greek people for not caving into pressure from your neighboring countries of Albania and Turkey and going all "Allu Akbar" on us all. You might want to consider building a wall? Keep out the Muzzies. Just sayin'."

"And to Greek women...some of you are smokin' hot. Just sayin'. I mean, you make the thing on my body that is as huge as my hands even huge-er! And I hear you keep it bushy down there where I like to grab. Nice!"

"Thank you and good night! And though I say I love you guys, please don't come knockin' on our door. We keepin' it White and Right in my America if you know what I mean. Peace out!"