This Ear Thing Again

I love my body.*

*Said with extreme sarcasm.

I love when these comet-like issues come 'round every now and then, make life miserable while they visit uninvited, and then disappear suddenly until...next time.

We know the gout or gout-like symptoms are one. The shoulder pains are another. The backaches are another. And let's add the over 305 issues with them since that tends to be chronic and pops up every now and again as well. Like a Halley's comet visiting near Earth every 70 years or whatever, these issues come and go with such regularity that when I haven't experienced them for a while, I best bake a cake 'cause I know they'll be ringing that doorbell soon.

Right now (other than the 305 issues) I'm dealing with the ear blockage shit again. You see, I have gooey earwax. Gross, I know. Its consistency is such that when it builds up, it's really hard to get out. And, if I use the normal earwax removal solutions like Debrox, it only makes it worse. Debrox (carbamide peroxide 6.5% solution) only softens it up a bit but this only means it then realigns via gravity to form an oily, slick seal right over the eardrum. Like it's protecting it. Aw, thanks body, you fucking idiot, but now I can't use the eardrum. Coating it makes it near immobile thus sound makes only muted vibrations possible and with only the stronger sound waves.

Needless to say, I've tried every sane remedy in the book (or, actually, on YouTube which I guess is the modern equivalent for "the book.") and it's hardly made a dent since the first day it blocked up for good. And that was about four days ago. So now, again, I'm at the point of needing to go to the doctor's to get irrigated.

I have no doubt they'll get it out. Last time it was this bad was '08 when I did the same thing. But it'll be a $30 co-pay, of course. I'll likely feel absolutely relieved and refreshed when I have clean ears again. It's so oppressive being like this with only half my hearing. And what horrible timing too. I just got my new speakers for the big screen 50" TV I bought and Elite Dangerous: Horizons is loading in the background as I type. Real life space may have no sound but in ED, it's full surround-sound audio and I'll only make out half the experience of what it sounds like landing my ship on another planet.

So hopefully I'll have full hearing again by tomorrow night. Great, just in time to listen to Eric snoring away most of the night.