Mine, All Mine

I just realized I forgot to post about it but as of last Monday, I am the sole owner of Hulk, my little 2013 Chevy Spark. I figured out that I'd save over $100 in interest by spending $75 in "interest" now rather that about $175 more over time.

You see, rather than continue paying monthly payments on the premium and interest each month until next October, I decided to take a Balance Transfer for the payoff amount on one of my credit cards. Since the BT rate was 3% and the car loan rate was 8% I saved overall by paying now rather than in smaller amounts throughout the next year.

As I mentioned in my Veruca post recently, I am making big gains on devouring my debt. Now, other than the fees already paid, I currently have only interest free debt (except for one account that is in rapid payment mode) so really, there's no negative about that. It's just a matter of discipline and management in order to avoid the pitfall of rolling over any debt once the temporary 0% APRs dry up.

I plan on getting Hulk detailed sometime next week after this little intrusive bother they call Christmas is over in order to celebrate.

Oh, and speaking of Christmas, watch for my next post...yup, evil Santa's back! And I'm sure he'll have some juicy headlines what with the way this fucking world is going to hell in a hand basket so rapidly. Oh, and yes, I see that I promised last year he'd be back and I forgot. Maybe I'll scan the archival news feeds for then as well and make this year a double header?