Rocket's Glare By Dawn's Early Light

Like a mashed up quote from the lyrics of our national anthem, indeed yesterday morning's launch of an Atlas rocket into space looked, like the spectacle the song depicts, simply awesome.

(Re-reading the above "sentence." Talk about a convoluted mash up.)

I snapped this pic with my phone as the plume flared up in the sky behind the Maple Building on campus. It completely was happenstance that I witnessed this launch as I hadn't known beforehand that it was scheduled. I just happened to be facing east while out doing Synthroids at 6:20am.


The cheap camera on my phone produces poorer quality pics than we see in these photos though:



Very awesome sight though and it happens to be during a coincidentally space-themed phase I'm in lately, spending almost all hours of every day either playing "Elite: Dangerous" or binge-watching "Star Trek: The Next Generation" episodes. All this space shit inspired me to change my Facebook, Google+, YouTube and this blog's profile pic/avatar to this: