Let It Ride!

My retirement account is only 3 years old so there's only been about $6,000 in contributions to it (both my 2% and my employer's 9%) and in the first year I was seeing pretty decent gains of around 11-13%. But early last year I studied the projections and shifted almost everything into a fund which invests primarily in American health/medical technology. Pretty much cutting-edge emerging pharma companies with new drug discoveries for everything from diabetes to Alzheimer's treatment.

Now my retirement fund is in hyper drive!

Just look at this graph! This growth is phenomenal. Hopefully it'll stay this way for quite a while. Just think, my personal stake in this is just about $25 a paycheck. That's $650 a year. Times 3 years= $1,950. With a (so far) $15,391 profit!


With my luck though, it'll go at this rate for years right up to a year before retirement. Then some fucking crisis like 2008 happens and it all plummets faster than a lead balloon. Oh well, I'll enjoy my little green graph and the "unrealized" wealth while I got it.