Apres Moi Le Deluge

So with Helen and Susan having passed on the first applicant to be reviewed for the Med Manager position I wondered how long it would take them to find another. Well, it turns out there is another. Her name is Suzy and she is my replacement. That's the mantra I keep reciting in my head.

I just gotta hold it together, with spit and gum, 'till she officially takes over and I'm safely back in my cloistered position on the night shift.

What a cluster fuck shit storm she'll be inheriting though.

Marie, the Med Manager before me obviously placated her superiors and equals by being able to provide quick solutions to things like med outages by illegally stealing surplus meds from some residents to supply deficits for others. She also kept information from reaching Susan by building a friendly "keep it quiet" network among the black staff. It's not a racist observation. There's definitely a protection network among the black staff to shield their own from harm, to the point of being preferential to "their own." So would you call that racist?

Sarah, the nurse we used to employ has recently passed the torch to a new nurse, Felicity, a government-trained, by-the-book nurse who seems to be more of a witch-hunter than a solver of issues. She seems like she'd rather take down the med manager than work with them in a tete-a-tete battle. Lordy, good luck Suzy!