Almost There

I'm coming back my dark minions. I shall be Queen of the Night again soon!

A replacement Med Manager is slated to be put in place in a couple more weeks so I'm still trudging along in this position but, as Susan said in a recent email "there's light at the end of the tunnel." Of course I replied tongue-in-cheek pessimistically, "Yeah...that's the train's headlight."

It's getting easier though and I'm actually not as freaked out about the job as I was in the beginning. Dare I say I'm actually liking it and regretting my decision to return to the night shift? Um, no. It's still way too much work and worry for the pay. And my life's goals have never been about the pay.

It's all about the retention of sanity and the perpetuation of "namaste."

According to Helen, my return to the night will be with some modifications which I agree would be good...mainly, a continuation of some of the organizational upkeep in regards to medication administration (which I love to do) and will garner a larger pay rate than when I left the nights. Hmm, that's nice. How much larger? That wasn't discussed but I'd assume about a 50 cent per hour raise. I mean, it'd still be the overnight hours. Still lots of downtime and far less chaos than days. So it works out, in the end, I would think, a lot better overall than had I done nothing in the beginning of April when the Med Manager position became available.

I like when things fall into place like that. Makes it seem like it was my master plan all along.

*Twirls handlebar mustache...."Muuuuuhhaaaa!"

EDIT: By the way, for your information, and all of that....this is the one thousandth post of this blog!!