FLASHBACK SPECIAL: Day Runner Notes, March, 1998

March

Mainly this month and most of the next months of the year follow the same routine as was established in mid-February when I "put my nose to the grindstone" and began my mission to get back on my feet and into a more stable, higher-paying job. Notes detail my weight, exercise, and drinking.

For the whole month I stayed between 181 and 186 so my weight was pretty stable and these weights reflect my reduced drinking (average of about 12 drinks per week this month) and exercise (average 3 X per week this month).

1 - GLCS Volunteer Party, Phoenix Bar, 7124 Aloma Ave. Chatted w/ Lee M. in social setting - not as bad as orig. perceived. (Ya, I crammed all this in the square for that day!) Lee came across as a snitty prick at the Center since he would usually be coming in on Saturday's, the day I was there each week, only if there was some "issue" that had to be taken care of regarding finances since he was the Finance Director for the Center. So when I usually saw him, he was stressed. Here at this event, he seemed much more relaxed and friendly.

4 - Romenz/Wilde's. It was a regular mid-week after work outing with Chris to these bars every week. He never drank, but he plunked quite a few dollar bills into the dancers' skimpies let me tell you. It was actually a bit embarrassing how he overtly flirted with them and I think he really misunderstood their receptiveness as genuine affection back. He was so infatuated with the go-go boys. Also, it appears that I now start to note the names of the bars as what I think in retrospect was their correct spelling.

14 - Miami Weekend. Met Francisco and his boyfriend @ Boardwalk, Miami. Chris and one of his stripper friends (Diego?) and I drive down to Miami Beach for the weekend. Well, actually, North Miami Beach...not so much the hot spot as South Beach but a lot more economical. We actually got a nice motel on the beach. Never mind the roaches, they were just passing through. The bar I met this guy Francisco was apparently Boardwalk, but it was in Ft. Lauderdale, not Miami. Francisco and his boyfriend propositioned me to have a three-way with them and I almost did but since Chris was driving I couldn't abandon him and Diego. I've always regretted this decision. I just know it would have been one of the hottest experiences I'd ever had. Damn. Diego was hot but he was totally platonic even in jesting with both Chris and me. Not sure if he was straight or gay. He stayed quiet about that. He was hot though.

15 - Return from Miami. Spectrum Awards 6:00. Sat with Lee. So I guess our Miami Weekend was only one night since I'm back in Orlando for the big awards gala dinner and ceremony for GLCS volunteers. This is the more formal party in conjunction with the casual one from a couple weekends before. I remember I wore a grey double-breasted blazer with black dress pants and a red and black paisley bow-tie with a white tuxedo shirt all gotten from a vintage secondhand store and I thought I looked very nice. I certainly got a lot of oogles from the ballroom full of gays. Oh if I only was more socially adept, that room was jammed full of Thornton Park sugar daddy money.

20 - Met Jay at Southern. (guy from Phoenix) Said Hi to Justin, kinda snubbed. This is not the Jay I would later befriend from DM around a year later but some hot sandy-blonde from Arizona. No hook-up here. Notice I'm still focused on Justin. of course I knew he'd be there.

30 - Met Domingo @ DM  I was even flirting with guys at work. LOL

31 - Promotion official! I become a part-time supervisor working about 25 hours a week and making a lot less than a sales rep. But it was a necessary stepping stone to full-time management there.