In The Sanity-Free Zone


Despite the title, things aren't quite as bad as they were when I posted this back in 2005 but it's getting there. Well maybe not the quitting my job part but close.

Of course there's the weight loss...er, I mean weight gain. A line graph from last April to now is in the shape of a big depressing bowl. I'm up to 283 now. And all the bad habits are back. This drives me crazy.

Ric and I talk occasionally about doing something other than playing multiplayer Civ over the internet. My new phone plan and its unlimited texting has made us much more chatty with one another. But there's always some disconnect when we try to actually plan something like golf or going to the park. With his days off on the traditional weekend and him living the traditional day dweller life (despite his forays of playing Civ on the weekends sometimes to 5am) and the fact he lives 30 miles away, it seems a daunting task to actually do something like most friends do. This drives me crazy.

Watching Will and RJ and the others in the YouTube fabulous fag crowd makes so craving life in Hollywood. I want to live there so bad. But I'm not an early-twenties-ish hipster with a ton of friends, cute, skinny and gay (well the gay part, yes, but nothing else). I can't live off making YouTube vlogs like they can. And any actual work I am qualified to do wouldn't earn me the coin needed to live the LA lifestyle properly. This drives me crazy.

And speaking of coin, this job was supposed to give me my annual raise well over a month ago now and I still haven't gotten it. Ugh. My new direct supervisor is a bit wet behind the ears when it comes to managing staff but in a way it doesn't matter 'cause she's just a puppet anyway. It better include retroactive back pay when it does eventually start. And we won't even talk about if they, for some bullshit reason, decide to not give me my raise! (# entitled much?) This drives me crazy.

I got new glasses last week. Progressives. Marc Ecko. Hella expensive. Crappy insurance didn't cover any of the cost of the glasses. This drives me...

Well, you know.