Day 90: 46 Pounds


Average loss of about 15 pounds a month? Meh, I guess it's pretty good. Heck, who am I kidding, that's great! But truthfully when I started this, I thought I'd be down about 60 pounds by now. Well, in hindsight that would have been too much, too quickly. I think this rate kinda mirrors BINT frankly. I don't remember the actual numbers anymore but a tad under 50 in three months sounds about right. Of course, when going from around 240 to start, it was much more noticeable. I definitely see the difference this time 'round but nothing like then. Plus, this celebration is a bit dampened by the cold facts that I'm still obese and have a long way to go - right into next year at this rate. BINT, I hit goal in 4 months.

There'll be enough landmarks coming up to make things interesting, I think. Here are a few of the noteworthy ones I want to acknowledge:

I have 17 more to lose to get to 242, the estimated start weight of the health and well-being overhaul around the turn of the new year of 1992. Shortly after the Silver Bullet Crisis.

The summer months of that year were when I really got serious and started the life change I now call BINT. (This time, shortly after the Smashing Glass Incident.) Again, not sure of the exact figures but only around 15 pounds lost in early 1992 so I estimate on May 10th of that year, when I really started what I then-called the WRP 2 (the second weight reduction plan), I was around 227. (I guess I was pretty much this weight when the "kateebo" pic was taken on Cape Cod.)

At 221, according to the BMI charts I've reviewed recently, I'll leave behind the "Obese" classification and enter into the "Overweight" one.

Totally a guess, but I think I started what I call my Millennium Belly in the year 2000 when I could no longer suck in my gut and I was maybe 215 the lowest anytime after Y2K. Lower than this and we've taken the Time Machine back to the '90s, Boy Sherman!

My Day Tripper stats from 1997 shows I shows I struggled and hit a high of 207 temporarily for the year with 1997 more solidly in the 180's, but I think I lost the battle by the time I moved in with Ric in late '98. So I'll say fall of 1998 was the last time I probably saw below 200.

185 has historically been my optimum weight. I'm no long overweight and it was a weight I maintained steadily throughout most of the mid nineties.

173 is, I think, the lowest I've been as an adult. Achieved in fall of '92.