And The Winner Is...

Denise!

I had a little pool running in my head ever since I started my back-to-healthy initiative. That was, I wondered: Who would be the first person I come in contact with on a regular basis that will notice my weight loss and say something about it? Well it was Denise, the part-timer who works a jacked-up schedule consisting of a few hours in the early morning and a few hours in the evenings all different days of the week. She filled in on my shift last night, since Eric had PTO, and immediately said: "You lost a lot of weight, didn't you?"

Frankly I'm surprised. I really thought I'd have to get nearer to around 250 (ie. about 50 pounds weight loss) before anyone would notice and ask. Even I have trouble seeing a noticeable change but on reflection, and looking more fairly, I do actually notice a slight change. It's just nowhere near far enough for my satisfaction so I'm perceiving the change as nil.

I can't wait 'till I get back to my goal weight. Ric would be the only person who would have seen me at near my goal, roughly in the low 180s back in 1998 when I first met him. Within a year after rooming with and befriending him, I'd shot up to over 200 and kept on steadily climbing. I never once saw the 100s again.

But look out baby! 'Cause here I come.

And then the winner will be...

Me!