SimCity Snapshots

Here are some pics of the first cities I've begun in SimCity.


My first city, Winginit (Get it? Wingin' it!). It's a coal mining town. It has the most built-up City Hall of the three main cities of the region so far. Currently it's having trouble keeping its people healthy...industry is very dirty here. Population just over 100,000.


Here's a nighttime street level view of a boulevard in Perilousopolis, my college/high tech industry town. These guys are well-educated so many houses have solar panels installed on the roofs and there are plenty of Starbucks-like coffee shops. But the commercial sector is failing since I don't have enough shoppers. And there's a graffiti-marred neighborhood in the north which probably means gangs, and troves of homeless wandering my low-end areas. So this shot is deceiving as it looks so shiny and wonderful.


Here's the university and nearby community college. I'm spending a hell-of-a-lot on education when you factor that I also have a high school, 2 grade schools and a library in this town. With a population of under 50,000 I've had to recently take out 2 bonds, the second to help pay payments on the first. There may soon be peril in Perilousopolis. At least all this brain power helped clean up my industry. And these high-tech factories look cool.


All three of the major cites of the "Rivers Three" region. Aurumn, here in the foreground is an oil drilling city, but only sells its product to itself since the other cities all have coal power plants. But Aurumn was laid out efficiently with maximum attention to population growth so that, within a few hours of founding it, it quickly rose to a population of about 190,000! It was over 200K for a while but with advanced population comes all the troubles behind that: crime, pollution, sewage, trash, under-education and traffic. Oh the traffic! I placed lots of wide multi-laned avenues all over but that seems to only have increased the traffic jams.