O Sweet Absolom!

Like the biblical account of David's beautiful son who repeatedly betrayed him, I have my own wayward child. My alcohol problem.

He is, after all my child, you know. I birthed him at a young age, when I, in fact, was but a child myself. And nurtured him through the years.

He, like David's Absolom, killed his half-brother called Hope. Then raped my concubines Inspiration, Virtue and finally Love. But I forgave him time and time again.

Now, I feel, we are at an impasse. His troops are poised against mine and the final battle is nigh.

But it pains me so, as I am so entranced by my fondness for him. He is my sweet baby. My precious one. My fair-haired wonder. He pretends to be my loving son but his actions are not more than what I'd expect of my worst foe.

How will I ever find joy again once I slay him in Ephraim Wood?

Or, perhaps, he shall slay me.