YUMMY!: Homemade McRib

Last night I was scoffing down a precious McRib sandwich and "Lovin' it" when I thought to myself "Why endure the torture of only having this pleasurable delicacy but once a year?" I made mental note of the ingredients and thought I'd make this myself.

I knew immediately the meat I'd use. The McRib meat is not simply boneless ribs. That'd, no doubt, be too expensive. They basically use a skinless sausage patty. But not breakfast sausage, a different kind. Like a bratwurst sausage.

So a quick stop at Publix and some easy prep, I present to you, the homemade McRib. And let me tell you, it tastes just like it.

Go ahead McDonald's...pull the McRib off your menu for another year...I won't mind.

click pic for close up

Johnsonville bratwurst patties
Sweet Baby Ray's Original BBQ sauce
pickle slices
sliced raw Vidalia onion
sesame seed buns