She's Here!

Oh my new baby has finally arrived. The stork (aka Fed Ex) just delivered her yesterday afternoon and I've been losing sleep messing around with her ever since.

She's a little different than the item I'd ordered originally. That one was cancelled rudely by Dell when they couldn't confirm my financing. Turned out I was approved but it still showed pending on their end. No matter, I cleared it up with the financial folks and then I got transferred to sales to reorder my rig.

The sales guy hooked me up with a bigger hard drive but he pulled a Slim Shady on me and reduced my graphics card from a 6770 to a 6670. Still a nice card but I didn't catch it otherwise I would have held firm on getting my original choice especially as the 6670 is about 500 points less than the 6770 in Passmark's benchmark comparisons. Also, Edmer (the sales guys name) threw in a ton of bloatware which I found a little irritating but I know he's just trying to inflate his commission. With a terabyte hard drive I guess it won't chew up too much space. Just gotta make sure the crap doesn't bug me with registration pop-ups and stuff or a-deleted they will be. Oh and the "savings"? Ten whole bucks...big fuckin' deal.

But all's well. She's hooked up and though I'm still loading and tweaking, she is a fine specimen, let me tell you. The fastest computer I've ever had! And really not a bad price...just over $900 with tax. Figuring the buck and a half I forked over for the monitor, it all came up to just over a grand.

Oh, and what's one of the first things I got to test out her power? SKYRIM!

I bought it on Steam last night and played a few hours through to today. It's maxed out on Ultra High graphics and it looks and behaves like butter! So fast and smooth and gorgeous!

Just thought I'd share. I'm off to work tonight, having to deal with my now comparatively ancient and creaky old Toshiba laptop.

But I'll be thinking about my new love every minute, waiting anxiously to ride again through the forests and mountains of Skyrim with my red hot mama!