A Wonderful Respite

As much as my last job felt like "Such A Terrible Despite", my new one feels like just the opposite. I can't say anything really bad about this place. It's everything I had hoped for, if not more.

Being a psych facility, I thought they might have posted an ad for new employees that would have doomed the prospects into a castaway position no one wanted like manning the crisis ward fending off the bad asses and violent sickos but it's not like that at all.

I work the overnight shift, but that's to my preference really as I gravitate to that sleep pattern when not employed and it was the schedule I had back in the mid-nineties when I made so many strides forward in my life.

Behavioral issues are actually rare. Most residents are quite docile if not semi-catatonic. After seeing the multitude of pills they take each day, it's no wonder.

Co-workers seem to fear the bosses a bit much for my tastes but I think it's due to the high turn over here. And by turn over I mean fire rate. Yeah, they seem to prefer to cut loose lackluster employees readily. Well, in this economy, what employer doesn't. I don't fret it since I know what's expected, I feel I've been given the tools to perform it and am glad to do so. How often could I say that about all my recent call center jobs, huh?

Pay is quite good, not only for this field but for this state. Low starting salary was the main reason I chose not to continue my human services career once I came to Florida in the first place. I didn't know about this facility or others like it.

So I'm on a beautiful pink cloud about my work right now. Hopefully this good feeling, and this job, will last.