Escape From Lake Mary, Part 1

I've decided that I will be moving from Lake Mary after all.

When it's all said and done, I'll be much better off in both the short and long term.

It means breaking a few promises but to be fair the person to whom I made promises started the ol' promise breaking game first.

I'm looking at possibly Altamonte Springs (again). Much closer to work, and happily, closer to Orlando. Living out in the boonies of Lake Mary so far from the Orlando area attractions and activities, I feel even more isolated than I purposely keep myself.

Last week, I dared to apply at Reflections, the apartment complex in Casselberry I lived at in 2003, both in my own apartment and later with Ric. I thought since its been almost 8 years I might not be on file. Oh, I was. They politely showed me the door once they saw I was on their books as owing them $1,300. They even handed me back my application fee since they found my status before they had attempted a credit check or the dreaded Rental Black List (which BTW seems to be immune to the restraints of the Fair Credit consumer protection laws) all the apartment complex companies share. I still don't know if I'm still on that one. Guess I'll find out in the next day or two as I apply to some other places.

If it turns out I'm still persona non-grata to the Capitalist Pig Commercial Renters Bloc, I guess I'll have to search out private parties. Like the Winter Park condo deal that I aborted last August, it should be relatively easy. Especially as I think there are about twice as many ads now as there were then on just Craigslist alone.

It pains me about the Reflections situation though since the prices there are still fantastic for the location of the community and layout of the complex and the apartments themselves. The updated exterior and interior remodeling is beautiful as well. Yet again I wish I had done things differently back in the throes of Koyaanisqatsi since those decisions haunt me to this day, and will continue to do so for perhaps ever. Maybe for the best after all though...so many memories of Gary.

My overall plan is to find someplace close to work, small enough to be energy efficient and easy to furnish and relatively cheap. Even if it has qualities I don't love, I hope to have saved up in a year or so for other options, perhaps buying a condo. The market is still so low I would expect prices to stay down for at least another year. Or so I wish so that I can take advantage of this opportunity.

So far I've recently lucked out on a job I can finally live with, now I've got to find a home I can live that newly found life in.