Escape From The Borg Collective

I'm smiling tonight.

The smile of freedom.

Freedom from the oppression of slave labor as a subhuman call center worker.

You see, tonight I got hired for the human services job I mentioned in the previous post.

I don't have to continue my search for a suitable position in customer service anymore. It doesn't exist anyway.

No more endless queues of nasty people calling to berate me. No more incompetent and bitter supervisors treating me as their whipping boy. No more jumping through impossible hoops and climbing outrageous ladders just to get the crummy job in the first place!

It's just coincidence that I'm currently watching "Star Trek: First Contact" (yes, for like the 20th time) on Syfy. As you may know, this film is all about the Borg.

How apropos! As the Enterprise crew defeat the time travelling Borg invaders of Earth, I celebrate my own victory over the hive mind that had assimilated me almost 13 years ago and as late as this morning, held me in its evil and corrupt grip.

Hooray! I can live again. I can breathe again. I can care again.

Though I should have sought to break free long ago, at least today I can say...resistance is definitely NOT futile!