Another Madame DeFarge Crisis

But, I think, major complications because of it have been averted.

Let me explain...

As you may know, I have quite the history of suddenly, and seemingly without much planning or preparation, choosing to metaphorically raise my fists up to the sky and declare my abject disgust of the "system". This sometimes gets acted upon by me and, usually, with severe consequences.

Case in point, my decision to just give up my Sears job in 2002 after missing my morning bus. It wasn't the bus no-show that specifically caused it, but it was just one more incident piled onto the stack of others. The proverbial "last straw".

Well, somehow, on Monday morning, I found myself in yet another of these situations. I called out "sick" and since I liked the idea of staying home so much, I called out again yesterday. I was having issues with conforming to societal norms and expectations and wanted to rebel against "The Man".

I came to my senses and went in today. I feel better now. I truly like being a cog in the machinery. As I've been quoted before, I know that "my name be Toby" (IE: NOT Kunta Kinte).

These little lapses in my self-esteem, even my concept of my role on this Earth, (ya, sometimes that deep) happen with such frequency, I decided to give the syndrome a name. Madame DeFarge Crisis or simply a Defarge Crisis. It's not named after the character in Dickens' "Tale of Two Cities" but the parody character based on her in Mel Brooks' "History of the World, Part I".

Like her, I get so fed up with the unfairness and hypocrisy, the rich living off the backs of the sweating, straining filthy poor, I occasionally get over-expressive with my knitting needles and hiss out the name of those responsible. (Even if it isn't King Lou-eeeeeehy!)