Time Was On My Side

Well, time is on my side, yes it is
Time is on my side, yes it is

Time Is On My Side - Rolling Stones

This week marks eight months of unemployment. Eight long months.

Don't get me wrong, I love the absolute freedom and will remember this time fondly after I start my job on the 26th. But there have been moments when, out of sheer boredom, I've caught myself doing some things that really capitalized on my uncommitted and abundant free time.

  • Sitting for hours in a chair in silence, talking to myself.

  • Going to Universal and not riding any rides, not eating or drinking anything. Just walking around, for the exercise.

  • Waking up at 3:00pm, going back to bed at 7:00pm then waking at 12:00 midnight then going back to bed at 4:00 then waking up at 11am and trying a whole new set of awake and sleep times for the new day.

  • Watching 116 Netflix movies.

  • Playing Civilization IV: BTS for 10 hours straight. Playing Fallout 3 for 13 hours straight. Playing Dawn of Discovery for 15 hours straight.

  • Editing and publishing 6 YouTube videos and 3 Jib Jab movies.

  • Writing 86 posts to this blog.

Ah well, maybe not the most productive use of my time but I didn't worry about being late anywhere, getting caught in traffic, dealing with customers and supervisors, etc.

I'll soon have plenty of time filled with all that.