MTV Cribs...NOT!

Here's a fun comparison between my house and the Palace of Versailles:

Versailles
Floor space in square feet: 551,219
Number of windows: 2,153
Number of rooms: 700
Staircases: 67
Paintings in the museum’s collection: 6,123

My "house" (a converted garage)
Floor space in square feet: 190
Number of windows: 2
Number of rooms: 1
Staircases: 0
Pictures on the walls: 14

Alright, I guess most peoples' homes would pale compared to Versailles, but really, I'm feeling a little claustrophobic lately.

Maybe it's six months out of work. You know what they say, familiarity breeds contempt. And boy am I familiar with this place. It seems I never leave.

Here's pretty much all there is to my very humble abode in just 3 pictures. Only the bathroom is omitted.


Here's the view from the front door. Well, actually, the only door. Though it looks like we're in the kitchen, we're actually standing a whole 6 feet away from the kitchen. We're in the foyer/living room/bedroom. The kitchen consists of the crooked fridge, ill-hung cabinets, hanging microwave, little sink and two burner hotplate stove top (the black rectangle in the counter under the oven mitts hung with thumbtacks). The "home office" is on the right.


Panning to the left, we see the enclosure for the bed...yes, it's a Murphy bed spring-loaded inside that nice beige cabinet on the left. Cool, huh! Right. You try sleeping in it for 3 years. I kid. It's actually comfortable, not like those horrible sleep sofa things. No bar across the back. It's just...like everything else in here...small. BTW, the closet and the bathroom are down the "hall" on the right. Yes, that's right, just beyond the edge of the fridge. Yes, you have to squeeze between the corner of the fridge and the TV. You got a problem with that? I do it everyday and I'm fat! Oh, and don't look at that horrendous tape around the new air conditioner in the wall. It doesn't fit since it's smaller than the one that was there before and it's awaiting a "pretty?" wood frame. Don't hold your breath waiting for that...it took my landlord almost a year to get me the A/C!


Now we're looking back to where we were just standing previously. The edge of the desk is on the left of the love seat there, remember? And yes, there's another air conditioner. And yes I run both most of the time. And yes, there's the door. What? Oh I know you're wanting to exit through that door. You're getting depressed and claustrophobic in here, aren't you. Well, that's fine, 'cause frankly, it's cramped in here with more than one person.

Thanks for visiting, but just like on MTV Cribs...now you gotta go! No, really, there's not enough room in here...go!