Holy Crap!

I was watching Carson Daly's little show and he was talking to these guys who do funky low-budget local commercials featuring a huge dose of tongue-in-cheek humor. I checked out their site and found this, ehem, gem.

While Orlando, 20 miles to the south of me features, of course, some very well known and heavily visited tourist attractions, my town and environs don't have much in that category of entertainment. Except for one small zoo on the shores of Lake Monroe.

Central Florida Zoo, or as we locals know it - Sanford Zoo, is about 3 miles away from me in nearby Sanford. It's really small and has no shows or rides (oh, strike that, it does have a small kiddie railroad you can ride, for an additional fee). If a tourist brought their kids here instead of say, SeaWorld, the kids would likely never forgive them.

But, for locals who have been to SeaWorld numerous times and are looking for something a little more down home, this is great. Or if the budget is tight. The price can't be beat: Only $12 as opposed to $79 for SeaWorld!

The guys at I Love Local Commercials did this commerical for them. I have never seen this on TV and I doubt it would ever make it there. It's not even on the zoo's website.

Nevertheless, it's hilarious: