Twitter Happy

As you can see by the embedded stream in the righthand sidebar, I've gone Twitter nuts.

I held off for the longest time in joining in on what I saw as merely a fad for the shallow and idiotically vain. But now that I've tasted of this sweet nectar, it seems magically alluring to me.

Many of the celebrities I follow on Twitter seem to eschew the basic "nerd alert" standard and actually have a semi-conversational stream of meaningful public announcements of more-or-less important events and topics, or are consistently RTing (retweeting) others in the Twitteratti. How nice for them, but like corporate users of Twitter, ultimately, how boring.

I like my style. From the articles on Twitter I've read it's more akin to what's most popular out there anyway. Just simple little blurbs, mainly about mundane occurrences in my day, often with a humorous theme.

But for a person like me who has no friends or family actually following my tweets, it does seem a tad sad.

Like I'm that washed-up hippy living in the trailer park with his scrappy dog "Rocko". He's long ago lost it and has a conspiracy theory about everything. He has a weak radio transmitter and hosts his own daily informational diatribe that he broadcasts to the world in order to warn them about...well, whatever. Unfortunately, his equipment is so underpowered that the signal barely makes it out of the trailer park.

You know, like the Woody Harrelson character in the movie "2012".

That's me, tweeting to the deep, dark vastness of the Internet.

If only to just listen to the sound of my own pitiful voice.