I Want My MTV!

I want my, I want my M.T.V.
Now look at them yo-yo's, that's the way you do it

You play the guitar on the M.T.V.
That ain't working, that's the way you do it
Money for nothing and your chicks for free
Money For Nothing - Dire Straits

Well, my financially strapped landlord really did! He finally did it!

He took away my MTV.

And all the other "cable" channels as well, reducing the Bright House package to the cheapest one: allowing only local broadcast channels and a couple insignificant cable ones.

Oh, but the Christian cable channel is sure one of them! Can't let poor people go without their Electronic Jesus! (And, of course, the "loving" preachers providing you with the 800 number that you can call to donate to!)

Alle-fuckin-luhia!

Meanwhile, here's the roll call of the ones I lost...may they rest in peace.

TBS

CNN

CNBC

MSNBC

The Weather Channel

Fox News Channel (well, this ain't so bad)

ESPN (who cares)

ESPN2 (who cares squared)

SUN Network (a local Florida cable channel featuring local sports teams...another who cares)

Speed (I gotta say I never watched this channel devoted to car racing...I'm sure it sucks)

Nickelodeon (never watched it)

Disney Channel (never watched it)

Cartoon Network

We Television

TV Land

USA Network

Lifetime

Discovery Channel (oh how I'll miss you)

A & E

History Channel (oh no, now it's "Life After TV" instead of "Life After People")

Animal Planet

TLC

AMC

FSN (Some other never watched Florida channel)

Hallmark

DHC

Style

Soap Network

Lifetime Movie Network

Travel Channel

Bravo

Golf Channel

tru TV

HGTV

Oxygen

E!

Comedy Central

BET

Spike TV

Syfy

FX

CMT (zzzzzz, again who cares)

VH1

CSPAN

and of course

MTV

Which, like everyone in my age group, I stopped watching around 1989 but still...

That's not the point.

It's about the options. All those options.

And the fact that my landlord's savings won't be passed down. My rent doesn't get lowered due to this. So now I essentially pay the same for a much reduced benefit due to no fault of my own.

Anybody know of a decent place to rent in the area?

With free (and FULL) cable, please.