Life On Lake Mary

Not only do I live in the city of Lake Mary, Florida, but I also live in a small house on the shore of Lake Mary, the lake the city was named for.

Our lake is not that impressive. It's pretty small, just a bit larger than the status of a pond. But it is geographically near the center of the city of Lake Mary so I can see where the name sprouted from.

I sit at my computer desk which faces the open windows revealing a pleasant sunset on the lake. I see a dock and to the left an old gazebo, no longer used, property of our neighbor who has just this past week demolished his house. Perhaps he's intent on building a new one. But the lonely gazebo still stands. I expect its time is limited.

Across the lake, I see several houses but they all seem a bit dated. Stuck in the 70's or 80's stylistically. I wonder how many of them will be "redone".

But it's very quiet here. During the summer we have the occasional speedboat usually towing a water skier, but now at the start of our "winter" life on the lake has gotten downright dead silent.

There's a radio tower, or something, way off to the south east, blinking its red light through the night. I imagine it broadcasts Lawrence Welk style music. Or perhaps AM talk radio discussing the economy and local politics. No doubt, whatever it is, it's dull and dreary.

Kinda like life sometimes is.

Here on Lake Mary.